Looking for a great weekend activity for the whole family that’s absolutely free? Look no further than the Karawatha Forest Discovery Centre – only 15 minutes from the hotel and open to all, you can bring your family to explore the interactive displays, enjoy the night time experience room and discover Queensland’s first outdoor nature play space.
The Karawatha Forest Discovery Centre is located at 149 Acacia Road, Karawatha, and is open Tuesday through to Sunday, 9am-4pm. You can view additional information on the Brisbane City Council website here, or give them a call on 07 3178 0330.
Karawatha Forest Discovery Centre facilities include (according to the Brisbane City Council Website):
- an interactive floor projection of a frog habitat
- a sculptural forest discovery area
- a night-time audio visual experience room
- a virtual reality experience, which gives you a bird’s-eye view of Karawatha Forest
- a meeting room and adjacent large outdoor undercover area available for environmental group use
- free or low-cost events and activities
- Queensland’s first nature play space which includes water play, climbing features, discovery trails and sculptural artworks
- sheltered picnic tables
- free double-plate electric barbeques
- improved pathways
- additional public toilets
- a new car park area providing over 50 additional spaces and coach facilities
- wheelchair access
So if you’re need some simple, close and fun to keep the family entertained this weekend, why not head on down and check it out?